Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stop Staring and Start Sewing

The last few days I have been reading sewing/design blogs until my bleary little eyes are ready to fall out of my head. One that has really caught my attention is Stop Staring and Start Sewing, by Jona. (I just love that blog name...so aptly describes me, always doing more looking and not enough sewing!)

She has some tutorials (including Apron in an Hour, lots of pictures to look at, and pictures of her cute dining set and awesome fabric room (wouldn't we all love a room filled with neatly arranged full bolts of fabric? Only, we'd probably want to keep it all, lol!

Don't miss her posts about Quilt Market. Quilt Market, for those of you who don't know, is the be-all, end-all place to go if you are a quilt shop owner, fabric store owner, fabric designer, etc. It's like a big expo held twice a year, where there are booths full of fabulous fabric goodness, displayed via quilts, adorable outfits, upholstered pillows and furniture, and more. Sadly, it is only for the above-mentioned professionals, so non-pro fabric lovers must ogle the goods at a distance via the internet. Almost makes you want to open a fabric store, just to go, huh?

Jona also has an online fabric shop, Fabritopia, complete with fabric by the yard, pre-cuts, patterns, notions, trims, books, magazines, finished goods, and prepackaged sewing kits.

I think my favorite item so far in her store is the Mia Top by Pink Fig Patterns. I've had a similar design idea in mind for a long top/dress, but with a more closed neckline. I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to look the way I want it. Ruffles are in this year, which excites me, because I'm all about the feminine girly stuff!

So definitely check out Jona's blog and store. You'll be there for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment